Here are results from the NXT House Show in Citrus Springs, FL for May 29, 2015
- Mojo Rawley def. Sawyer Fulton. Fun little opener. Crowd was really into Mojo dancing around and having fun early in the match. Post Match, Tye Dillinger rates the match a 3.
- Jason Jordan def. Angelo Dawkins. Kind of a meh match. Nothing too out of the ordinary.
- Greg Hamilton brings out one of the new NXT recruits in Sabby Piscitelli. Greg brings up that Sabby used to play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and asked him why he came to NXT. Sabby said he isn't doing it for the money or fame, but for the athletic challenge. The interview is then interrupted by Preston Cunningham the 3rd. He talks about bow much money his family has and that with his dad's money, he'll buy his way to the top of NXT. Sabby proceeds to grab Preston and throw him out of the ring. OK stuff from two guys who are just starting to get their feet wet in NXT.
- Solomon Crowe def. Chad Gable. These two always deliver a solid match and tonight wasn't any different. Post Match, Tye Dillinger came out and rated the match a 5.
- Charlotte, Carmella, and Devin Taylor def. Sasha Banks, Jessie McKay, and KC Cassidy. Really entertaining match. Charlotte was on fire tonight. Crowd was really enjoying the match and having fun. This was also the best I've seen out of Carmella so far. It was very evident that Sasha and Charlotte are on a different level than the other competitors at this moment.
- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady def. Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. Probably the most entertaining match of the night. These four always work very well together. I wish there was more of Dawson and Wilder on NXT TV.
- "The Perfect 10" Tye Dillinger def. Mike Rallis. Before the match, Tye came out and said the show so far was a 3, but it was going to get better now that a perfect 10 arrived. Decent match. Rallis is still a work in progress and Tye always looks fired up when he gets to wrestle longer matches. I dig the perfect 10 gimmick and I hope jt eventually leads to him getting more air time.
- Dasha is ring and brings out Unaa Nation. She asks about how he got to NXT. He talked about his parents coming to the US from Nigeria and having nothing and how he had to fight for everything. He said whether you know him by this name or any other name, the one thing you'll be calling him is Champ.
- Becky Lynch def. Lina. Really interesting match and my first chance to see Lina in singles action. Most of the match saw Becky being the underdog and overcoming the size difference between the two. It was pretty solid and I'm interested in watching Lina as she progresses.
- Main Event: Finn Balor def. Baron Corbin. Solid stuff between these two. Finn is way over. It was an entertaining and solid match.
Overall, a solid night of action.
- Show was mostly sold out, but there were a few empty seats.
- Meet and Greet before the show featured Sasha Banks, Scott Dawson, and Dash Wilder
- Preston Cunningham 3rd is developmental talent Josh Woods.
- Sabby Piscitelli was a defensive back drafted in the 2nd round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He also played for the Kansas City Chiefs and Celeveland Browns during his career. He finished his NFL career with 188 tackles and 5 interceptions.
- Piscitelli and Woods have only competed once in NXT at this point. Botn were involved in a battle royal at an Orlando house show.
- NXT returns to Citrus Springs on June 27th.
If you enjoy PWInsider.com you can check out the AD-FREE PWInsider Elite section, which features exclusive audio updates, news, our critically acclaimed podcasts, interviews and more, right now for THREE DAYS free by clicking here!