I was watching WrestleMania V, and after watching The 7/16/12 Raw as well it got me thinking. Do you think that the Cena-Punk WWE Title Match in some ways will have the same result as the Hogan-Macho Man WWE Title Match? What I mean is the the 2 biggest names of the company going at it in a historic night Cena being the Hogan of this era, and Punk being Macho Man, will the bigger baby face win so that we may possibly end up with Rock vs. Cena II at WrestleMania 29?
God, I hope not. The last thing WWE needs right now is to have Cena beat Punk for the Title. I honestly believe if that happens tonight, a lot of people will tune out and may leave for good. Cena has been push at the expense of the entire roster for so long now that if they pull that garbage again tonight, I really feel that they could lose some fans. That is not how they want to start the three hour Raw era.
Do you see Brock coming in and causing Cena that match, not only for pay back but also to send a message to HHH? Seems like a decent idea. Nothing crazy or out of the ordinary but at least it would make sense. Tired of Big Show just showing up and doing things because of his contract. Pretty sure someone would take him out behind the scenes with clubs if he was really out of control. Anyway, sorry about the ramble, your thoughts?
I think the best thing WWE could do tonight is have Cena lose, as I alluded to above. I like the idea of Lesnar costing Cena as a way of screwing "company man HHH's boy". That would work for me.
How's this booking sound for money making? Cena v Rock at Summer Slam with a Cena win, follow up with a "rubber" match at Survivor Series that ends in a no contest some how causing the real rubber match to happen at Mania?
If it ends up that Rock screws Cena tonight, that would make a lot of sense. If Brock does, that muddies the waters. If someone screws Cena tonight, it should be whoever he will take on at SummerSlam and Rock definitely fits better there than Lesnar since he is already accounted for.
I keep reading about the NWA lawsuit and I have to ask, why should anyone care? The last time the NWA was relevant was before the dawn of the new millennium. Why are people even wasting time fighting for a name that doesn't mean anything?
I guess they think the name does mean something. I am with you though. To me, the NWA hasn't been relevant in years. I appreciate the effort that the promoters and wrestlers put into their work but to me it does them a disservice to link themselves to a name that used to mean a lot but doesn't any more.
Do you think independent wrestling "killed" the superkick? It seems to me almost every indy wrestler and their tag partner uses it in their moveset. The superkick has just become another DDT and bodyslam in my book
I don't that at all. You have to remember that on a good week Raw draws 5 million viewers. Probably less than 1% of that number will watch indy wrestling this year. To the other 99%, they have no idea what is going on at non-televised indy shows.
You can send us questions for the PWInsider.com Q&A by clicking here.